The Mortgage Credit Certificate (MCC) program provides housing assistance by issuing a federal tax credit to first-time home buyers statewide and repeat home buyers in targeted areas.
- Qualified homebuyers can credit 20% of their annual mortgage interest paid against their year-end tax liability. A tax credit is a dollar for dollar reduction in tax liability.
- The tax credit is allowable every year for the life of the original mortgage (up to 30 years!)
- Available to first-time homebuyers statewide and repeat homebuyers in targeted areas.
- Household income limits can vary depending on family size and property location.
- Maximum sales price is $224,500 statewide.
In this short video, Scot Veneklase of Treadstone Funding shares an update on the MCC that it is ending December 31st. Give Scot a call for more information about his loan programs.
Scot Veneklase, Loan Officer
Direct Phone: 616-552-6897
Grand Rapids Home Search
Use our handy tool to find your home or condo or sign up for listing alerts to have new listings sent to your inbox.